Battling Through Trauma Together!
Trauma is ALWAYS part of a marriage relationship—either trauma we bring with us from childhood or trauma created while we're married. Either way, trauma can open a chasm of disconnection and conflict between us, or it can bring us close together than ever! It all depends on whether we battle each other or join forces and battle the trauma together.
In this podcast, you'll learn the 5 Steps to Connecting in Trauma and Conflict—
- Sit in One Another's Emotions (fight through being "pain-averse")
- Use Validation and Inquiry (as opposed to "deny and defend")
- Be Accountable (vs rationalizing and justifying)
- Show TRUE Empathy (instead of sympathy and going into "victim=mode")
- Give Support (vs "shutting down")
Find out more about Steve Moore at: Ascension Counseling
Learn more about Mark Kastleman at: Reclaim Counseling Services
If you FIGHT TOGETHER your marriage can survive porn addiction!—https://www.reclaimcounselingservices.com/can-marriage-survive-porn
One of the best ways to fight to save your marriage is to eliminate SECRECY!—https://www.reclaimcounselingservices.com/can-marriage-survive-porn