In this episode, Mark and Steve come from a very heart-felt place in speaking to the women who may find themselves "stuck in the pain of Betrayal Trauma." This is actually a very common struggle for many in early or even ongoing healing and recovery. Mark and Steve discuss—
- How the "grieving process" is a necessary part of facing pain and beginning to heal.
- Many women and men feel like they "don't have a voice," aren't being heard and often never really learned "how" to have a voice.
- Mark tells his personal trauma story as a kid and never really being "heard" or acknowledged. How this created Betrayal Trauma AND addiction!
- There are "communication realities or truths" that often do NOT adhere to our expectations or the "standard check-the-boxes."
- Why trauma does NOT follow a standard timeline and there is no "manual" that declares what is "normal" when it comes to healing. It takes what it takes!
- We CAN learn new communication skills, find our voice and learn to ADVOCATE for ourselves and others!
- HOW to learn to "lean into the pain," find "shame resiliency" and help each other as spouses through the recovery and healing processes.
Find out more about Steve Moore at: Ascension Counseling
Learn more about Mark Kastleman at: Reclaim Counseling Services
Here's an article about healing Betrayal Trauma—https://www.reclaimcounselingservices.com/healing-betrayal-trauma-video
Here's why a husband's porn addiction is NOT his wife's fault!—https://www.reclaimcounselingservices.com/his-porn-addiction-not-your-fault